How can social support benefit me during the menopause transition?

Boosting social support during and after the menopause transition is important on many levels. Positive connections can serve as a buffer to stress and anger. When we are socially isolated, we are at a greater risk of heart disease and depression. When we feel committed to work, the family, friends, home life, and the community, we become more resilient. Reaching out to friends can dramatically affect our moods and our lives.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Menopause

Staying Healthy After Menopause
Staying Healthy After Menopause
If you’re going through menopause and would like to avoid hormones, there are many things that may help. Here are some suggestions for how to deal wit...
Is menopause affected by when I started my first period?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Menopause for each woman is not based on when she first started menstruating. It isn't based on how ...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
What Is the Average Onset Age of Perimenopause?