How can I lose weight during menopause?

Although the hormonal environment in which you live has changed from your younger years the rules of weight loss do not. This is good news, you still are in control. Eat less than you need on a daily basis, over an extended period of time and you can lose as much or as little weight as you want. Your body as long as you are alive has metabolic needs that must be fueled with food. These needs will alter as time and change occur but the need for food will not. You must eat; you just must modify how much you eat so that you can achieve your body weight goals. Combine this with a smart exercise program and you can achieve your fitness goals. Have a great and active day!! 

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
During menopause, it's imperative for you to have something that allows you to jack up that heart rate, cover yourself in sweat, and reach a point where you're panting. Right away, you'll feel this rush of "Oh my gosh!" That's your energy tap. Open that up. Foods do play a huge role, but the physical part of exercise is also where it's at. Think of it this way: We're not churning the butter. We're not putting our clothes on the line, washing our cars, or doing any physical labor like we used to. You've got to do something else if you don't want to take this other route of reluctantly succumbing to changes in your body. Walk or bike ride up a steep hill, or climb stadium stairs. Get a trainer to make you work out harder. Find a friend who is more fit than you and tag along. Make goals for yourself. Don't let the excuses pile on. You can find something to help you lose weight!
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Menopause

The Best Foods to Ease Menopause Symptoms
Hot flashes aren’t the only unwelcome part of menopause—the change also brings plenty of unsolicited advice. Friends and relatives who have already go...
Is menopause the same worldwide?
Yes. Though the age of menopause may vary slightly depending on ethnic origin.
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
What Can I Do to Relieve Hot Flashes?
What Can I Do to Relieve Hot Flashes?