How can I improve my posture during menopause?

Staness Jonekos
Health Education
You know you have good posture when you can draw a straight line from your ear through your shoulder, hip and knee. Sucking in your tummy and tucking in your tush on a regular basis will help strengthen your muscles and improve your appearance and mood. Practice good posture when going through menopause.

When standing:
  • Hold your chest high.
  • Keep your shoulders back, relaxed.
  • Suck in your tummy and tush.
  • Keep your feet parallel.
  • Balance your weight evenly on both feet.
When seated:
  • Choose a chair that allows you to rest both feet flat on the floor, keep your knees level with your hips.
  • Sit with your back firmly against the chair. Place a small cushion behind the curve of your lower back, if needed.
  • Keep your shoulders relaxed.
  • Tuck your chin in slightly.
  • Keep your upper back and neck comfortably straight.

Continue Learning about Menopause

6 Things You Need to Know About Hormone Therapy
If you’re going through menopause or perimenopause, you may be experiencing symptoms such as hot flashes, sleep problems, vaginal dryness, or changes ...
Why am I having trouble concentrating during menopause?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Many women experience memory and concentration problems during perimenopause and after menopause. So...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
What Are Treatment Options for Menopause Symptoms?