How can I improve my posture during menopause?

Staness Jonekos
Health Education
You know you have good posture when you can draw a straight line from your ear through your shoulder, hip and knee. Sucking in your tummy and tucking in your tush on a regular basis will help strengthen your muscles and improve your appearance and mood. Practice good posture when going through menopause.

When standing:
  • Hold your chest high.
  • Keep your shoulders back, relaxed.
  • Suck in your tummy and tush.
  • Keep your feet parallel.
  • Balance your weight evenly on both feet.
When seated:
  • Choose a chair that allows you to rest both feet flat on the floor, keep your knees level with your hips.
  • Sit with your back firmly against the chair. Place a small cushion behind the curve of your lower back, if needed.
  • Keep your shoulders relaxed.
  • Tuck your chin in slightly.
  • Keep your upper back and neck comfortably straight.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Hormone Therapy Reconsidered—Again
Hormone Therapy Reconsidered—Again
In one episode of That 70’s Show, the mom, Kitty, is going through menopause. So, Dad and his son Eric decide to look up menopause in the encyclopedia...
If menopause isn't an illness, why should I see my doctor?
Menopause can cause serious symptoms in some women. Talk with your doctor about any changes that are...
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
Even though your body is changing, there are proven ways to drop those unwanted pounds.
Cut Back on Caffeine to Cool Off Night Sweats