How can family and friends help me through menopause?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

It is important to feel support from family or friends during menopause. These connections will help you cope with emotional changes. It is important, especially at this time in your life, to take the time to nurture relationships, both with family and friends. Stay part of all communities that are important to you. It may be helpful to find new communities or opportunities for creative outlets for improved self-esteem through new accomplishments.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, and More
Feel like the only thing that fluctuates more than your hormones is the consensus on hormone therapy? The truth is, hormone therapy—used to manage men...
Should I take menopause hormone therapy during menopause?
The decision to take menopause hormone therapy (MHT), or hormone replacement therapy, during menopau...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
Can I Tell When a Hot Flash Will Be Coming?