How can family and friends help me through menopause?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

It is important to feel support from family or friends during menopause. These connections will help you cope with emotional changes. It is important, especially at this time in your life, to take the time to nurture relationships, both with family and friends. Stay part of all communities that are important to you. It may be helpful to find new communities or opportunities for creative outlets for improved self-esteem through new accomplishments.

Continue Learning about Menopause

The Surprising Health Conditions That Strike After Menopause
Hot flashes, irregular periods, sleep disturbances, mood changes—these symptoms can combine to make menopause an uncomfortable experience. But once it...
How can I change my diet and exercise routine to prevent hot flashes?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Mayan women in Yucatan, Mexico, don't report any hot flashes—the external sign of internal drops in ...
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
Even though your body is changing, there are proven ways to drop those unwanted pounds.
Why Anxiety Could be a Sign of Menopause