Does menopause make you fat?

Aparna Sridhar, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
There may be changes in body fat distribution and body composition due to hormonal changes occurring during the menopausal transition. However reduced physical activity as women get closer to menopause is the main culprit for increase in weight gain. It is really important to keep yourself active during these days! 

Continue Learning about Menopause

Staying Healthy After Menopause
Staying Healthy After Menopause
If you’re going through menopause and would like to avoid hormones, there are many things that may help. Here are some suggestions for how to deal wit...
Why am I having trouble with my memory during menopause?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
As we age and experience menopause, there is some normal decline with memory. Abnormal trouble with ...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
Try This Therapy to Improve Sex After Menopause