How can I cope with the changes of midlife and menopause?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Emotional well-being needs to be a focus of midlife. Healthy lifestyles with exercise and good eating habits will help. Natural biological changes are simply a phase of life, not the rest of life. Talk to your friends and family about how they experienced menopause and gain support from their knowledge. Also, talk to your doctor if you have any menopausal issues that are affecting your quality of life. Your doctor can help you cope with the changes of midlife.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Does Menopause Make You Fat?
Does Menopause Make You Fat?
Everyone dreads the midlife spread, but is it inevitable—and is it due to menopause? "There's no strong data to show that weight gain is related to m...
How can I eat healthier after menopause?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Healthy eating at any age is simply watching what you eat and drink. By eating more fruits and veget...
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
Even though your body is changing, there are proven ways to drop those unwanted pounds.
Can I Tell When a Hot Flash Will Be Coming?