How can I cope with the changes of midlife and menopause?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Emotional well-being needs to be a focus of midlife. Healthy lifestyles with exercise and good eating habits will help. Natural biological changes are simply a phase of life, not the rest of life. Talk to your friends and family about how they experienced menopause and gain support from their knowledge. Also, talk to your doctor if you have any menopausal issues that are affecting your quality of life. Your doctor can help you cope with the changes of midlife.

Continue Learning about Menopause

Staying Healthy After Menopause
Staying Healthy After Menopause
If you’re going through menopause and would like to avoid hormones, there are many things that may help. Here are some suggestions for how to deal wit...
What should I know before I begin hormone therapy for menopause?
Before you begin hormone therapy for menopause you should know that hormones may not be needed. Ther...
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause8 Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
Can Herbal Remedies Reduce Symptoms of Menopause?