Can I tell when a hot flash will be coming?

Some people say they know when a hot flash is coming because they experience an aura, or a feeling of premonition, just before the hot flash begins. This gives them a short amount of time to prepare for the discomfort they are about to experience.

Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Unfortunately, there is no real way to predict when a hot flash is coming - unless you have a sense of what your personal triggers are. In this video, OB/GYN specialist Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz, MD, discusses some common triggers to pay attention to.

Continue Learning about Menopause

The Surprising Health Conditions That Strike After Menopause
Hot flashes, irregular periods, sleep disturbances, mood changes—these symptoms can combine to make menopause an uncomfortable experience. But once it...
How can I prepare to discuss menopause concerns with my doctor?
Menopause symptoms are different for everyone. Your doctor can talk to you better when you have a li...
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause5 Ways to Lose Weight During Menopause
Even though your body is changing, there are proven ways to drop those unwanted pounds.
Can a Proper Diet Help in Dealing with Hot Flashes?