What are the problems associated with menopause?

A variety of problems can crop up due to the onset or arrival of menopause, the official end of your fertility. Some of these include hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, vaginal dryness and damage, urinary tract infections, forgetfulness, and difficulty concentrating.

Menopause can also create emotional problems such as mood swings and depression and alter your sex life. During menopause, many women lose interest in sex and find sexual intercourse uncomfortable or painful because of vaginal dryness.

Estrogen (female hormone) replacement therapy and certain dietary changes can help manage the problems associated with menopause. Talk to your doctor about ways to manage menopause problems. 

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

If a woman experiences problems during menopause -- and not everyone will -- they are mostly caused by the decline in estrogen. Estrogen impacts nearly every system and body part, including the skin, heart, blood vessels, brain, bones, and reproductive organs, just to name a few. Anywhere that estrogen exerts its effect in the body can be affected by menopause.

It’s important to know you’re not alone. So many women experience hot flashes, night sweats, sleep problems, and vaginal dryness and tissue thinning, which can make sexual intercourse painful. If a woman goes through menopause early, she will be living without estrogen for a longer period of time, which can pose big problems, including an increased risk for low bone density, osteoporosis, fractures and heart disease.

Continue Learning about Menopause Symptoms

One Veggie That May Ease Menopause Symptoms
In Sex and the City 2, Samantha announces she’s “leading the way through the menopause maze with my vitamins, my bioidentical estrogen cream, progeste...
How do I know if I'm experiencing menopause?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Until you have gone an entire 12 months without a period, you are not officially in menopause, but m...
Is a loss of energy a symptom of menopause or depression?
Loss of energy is a symptom of depression, but during menopause, your body is going through signific...
Try This Therapy to Improve Sex After Menopause