What skin changes are observed during menopause?

As estrogen levels change, the skin loses its elasticity and moisture and become dryer, thinner, and more vulnerable to bruising and wrinkling. Some of us describe a crawling sensation or itching of the skin. Wrinkling of the skin is due more to smoking, heredity, and sun exposure than to menopause and aging.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Menopause Symptoms

One Veggie That May Ease Menopause Symptoms
In Sex and the City 2, Samantha announces she’s “leading the way through the menopause maze with my vitamins, my bioidentical estrogen cream, progeste...
What determines when I will start menopause?
Early menstruation does not mean early menopause. In this video, Dr. Oz reveals what determines ...
What should I include in my diet to help treat symptoms of menopause?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
Typically women have sought to increase plant products that have weak estrogen-like activity. These ...
What Are the Signs of Midlife Puberty or Menopause?