What skin changes are observed during menopause?

As estrogen levels change, the skin loses its elasticity and moisture and become dryer, thinner, and more vulnerable to bruising and wrinkling. Some of us describe a crawling sensation or itching of the skin. Wrinkling of the skin is due more to smoking, heredity, and sun exposure than to menopause and aging.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Menopause Symptoms

One Veggie That May Ease Menopause Symptoms
In Sex and the City 2, Samantha announces she’s “leading the way through the menopause maze with my vitamins, my bioidentical estrogen cream, progeste...
What are the problems associated with menopause?
If a woman experiences problems during menopause -- and not everyone will -- they are mostly caused ...
What are some early symptoms of menopause?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
The common early menopause symptoms are: Irregular periods with changes in flow patternsVaginal dr...
Try This Therapy to Improve Sex After Menopause