Do I need to tell my doctor how often menopause symptoms are occurring?

Knowing how often your menopause symptoms are occurring can help your doctor choose the best treatment for managing them.

For instance, if you're only having a few mild hot flashes a day, the ideal medical therapy is probably none at all. On the other hand, if you have barely slept in a week because of your persistent night sweats, your doctor may be able to recommend strategies or prescribe medication that can help you chill out.
Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Because menopause symptoms are different for each woman, telling your doctor about what issues you are having will help with treatment options. It is important to keep track of specific symptoms so you can tell your doctor exactly when symptoms occur and how often. If symptoms of menopause are affecting your happiness or quality of life, your doctor needs to be able to help you improve your overall well-being.

Continue Learning about Menopause Symptoms

One Veggie That May Ease Menopause Symptoms
In Sex and the City 2, Samantha announces she’s “leading the way through the menopause maze with my vitamins, my bioidentical estrogen cream, progeste...
How long can symptoms of menopause last?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
New data suggest that menopause symptoms last longer than previously believed. The Study of Women's ...
What problems might I face during menopausal transition?
For most women, menopause is a natural process and while the symptoms can be bothersome, they don't ...
What Causes Hot Flashes?
What Causes Hot Flashes?