Should I talk to my doctor about my Meniere's disease symptoms?

The symptoms of Meniere's disease (such as vertigo, deafness, or noise in the ears) can mimic those of other disorders, so it's important to see a doctor to find out exactly what you have. For example, vertigo - a spinning, dizzy feeling - can also be a sign of a brain tumor, stroke, or several other problems.

Meniere's disease cannot be cured, but your doctor may be able to alleviate your symptoms. Medicine may ease the dizziness, nausea, and ear pressure that occur with Meniere's disease. Hearing aids can also help with hearing loss. If these treatments fail, surgery may help.

Continue Learning about Meniere's Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for Meniere's disease?
Alternative therapies such as hypnosis and acupuncture are not widely recommended for Meniere's dise...
How can surgery treat Meniere's disease?
Surgery cannot cure Meniere's disease. However, if the vertigo and dizziness that accompanies the di...
What are the treatment options for Meniere's disease?
Meniere's disease cannot be cured, but the symptoms can often be treated. Medications may be taken b...
Is there a cure for Meniere's disease?
Meniere's disease cannot be cured at this time. However, sometimes it does go away on its own. Treat...