Are there alternative treatments for Meniere's disease?

Alternative therapies such as hypnosis and acupuncture are not widely recommended for Meniere's disease. However, anxiety and stress can aggravate the symptoms of Meniere's disease, so therapies that reduce stress may help. Your doctor might recommend that you quit smoking, cut caffeine and MSG out of your diet, and control salt intake for the same reason.

Continue Learning about Meniere's Treatment

Is there a cure for Meniere's disease?
Meniere's disease cannot be cured at this time. However, sometimes it does go away on its own. Treat...
Should I talk to my doctor about my Meniere's disease symptoms?
The symptoms of Meniere's disease (such as vertigo, deafness, or noise in the ears) can mimic those ...
What are the treatment options for Meniere's disease?
Meniere's disease cannot be cured, but the symptoms can often be treated. Medications may be taken b...
How can surgery treat Meniere's disease?
Surgery cannot cure Meniere's disease. However, if the vertigo and dizziness that accompanies the di...