Should I make lifestyle changes if I have Meniere's disease?

Changing your lifestyle may help you control the symptoms of Meniere's disease. Cutting out tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and MSG may help, as all can aggravate this inner ear problem. Some people get relief by controlling their salt intake and their stress.

Continue Learning about Meniere's Disease

Can Meniere's disease be prevented?
Nobody knows what causes Meniere's disease or how to prevent it. However, treating ear infections an...
What is Meniere's disease?
David M. Vernick, MDDavid M. Vernick, MD
Meniere's disease, which interferes with balance and hearing, affects about 615,000 people in the Un...
How is Meniere's disease linked to vertigo and dizziness?
Meniere's disease is an inner ear condition that happens when changes in the amount of fluid in the ...
Is Meniere's disease an ear disorder?
Meniere's disease is an ear disorder. It causes sometimes disabling symptoms such as extreme vertigo...