How do I manage my Meniere's disease on a daily basis?

Medicine may ease the vertigo, dizziness, nausea, and other symptoms of Meniere's disease. Cutting out possible triggers - tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine - and controlling your salt intake and stress may help, too.

If a bout of vertigo strikes, remember to sit down to avoid falling. If this happens often, avoid dangerous activities such as driving.

Continue Learning about Meniere's Disease

Are labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease related?
Labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease have similarities but are different disorders. Both are conditio...
Is Meniere's disease an ear disorder?
Meniere's disease is an ear disorder. It causes sometimes disabling symptoms such as extreme vertigo...
What is Meniere's disease?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Meniere's disease (a disorder of the inner ear that causes episodes of vertigo, ringing in the e...
Can Meniere's disease be prevented?
Nobody knows what causes Meniere's disease or how to prevent it. However, treating ear infections an...