How do I manage my Meniere's disease on a daily basis?

Medicine may ease the vertigo, dizziness, nausea, and other symptoms of Meniere's disease. Cutting out possible triggers - tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine - and controlling your salt intake and stress may help, too.

If a bout of vertigo strikes, remember to sit down to avoid falling. If this happens often, avoid dangerous activities such as driving.

Continue Learning about Meniere's Disease

What is Meniere's disease?
David M. Vernick, MDDavid M. Vernick, MD
Meniere's disease, which interferes with balance and hearing, affects about 615,000 people in the Un...
Are labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease related?
Labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease have similarities but are different disorders. Both are conditio...
Can Meniere's disease be prevented?
Nobody knows what causes Meniere's disease or how to prevent it. However, treating ear infections an...
How is Meniere's disease linked to vertigo and dizziness?
Meniere's disease is an inner ear condition that happens when changes in the amount of fluid in the ...