What is benign forgetfulness?

Eric Pfeiffer
Psychiatry
Benign forgetfulness happens to the majority of people over age 65. It is annoying but not serious. Benign forgetfulness is characterized by relatively minor slowing of your memory capacity and manifests itself in a number of little ways such as forgetting where you parked your car, or recognizing someone at a social gathering but being unable to recall their name right then and there. (A little while later the name comes back to you, and you feel somewhat foolish.) Or, it may be a matter of having more difficulty in learning new information—learning how to operate new gadgets or remembering new phone numbers may not be as easy as it was years ago.
The Art of Caregiving in Alzheimer's Disease

This is an A to Z Guide to the caregiving experience in Alzheimer's disease. It is easy to read, easy to follow. It is authorative, based on thirty years of experieReconce in caring for Alzheimer's...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Could a Supplement Help Keep Your Mind Sharp?
By the year 2060, an estimated 14 million older adults in the United States will be living with dementia, which affects not only memory, but also deci...
How should I organize my documents if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some suggestions to help you organize your documents if you have memory problems: Keep...
What can I do to treat my memory loss?
David A. Merrill, MDDavid A. Merrill, MD
Reversible causes of memory loss can be treated. Depression, for example, can cause the slowing of p...
Walk to Improve Cholesterol and Prevent Alzheimer's Disease