Is memory loss inevitable?

At least one study reveals that memory loss can be somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The study compared cognitive abilities of people from the United States and people from China.

The Americans reported that they believe that memory loss is inevitable with age, while the Chinese had fewer preconceptions.

The results of the cognitive tests revealed that some of the oldest Chinese performed just as well as the youngest participants in the study, and that the Chinese, overall, outperformed the Americans.

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Forgot something? You’re not alone. One in eight baby boomers has memory lapses, at least once in a while, a recent survey says. And whether you’ve fo...
How can I get organized so that I remember things better?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
The following are suggestions to help you get organized and remember things better: Have a spec...
How should I organize my kitchen if I have memory problems?
The following suggestions will help you organize your kitchen if you have memory problems: Labe...
What Causes Memory Loss?
What Causes Memory Loss?