Is memory loss inevitable?

At least one study reveals that memory loss can be somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The study compared cognitive abilities of people from the United States and people from China.

The Americans reported that they believe that memory loss is inevitable with age, while the Chinese had fewer preconceptions.

The results of the cognitive tests revealed that some of the oldest Chinese performed just as well as the youngest participants in the study, and that the Chinese, overall, outperformed the Americans.

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
How do I pack for a trip if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Create a packing list. Include the obvious: Clothing, accessories, toiletries and so forth. Also...
How can I remember special events if I have memory problems?
Reminisce about pleasant events to keep memories alive. Magazines and picture books about countr...
3 Tips for Better Memory
3 Tips for Better Memory