How can I remember my TV programs if I have memory problems?

If you have memory problems, create your own TV guide. If you have difficulty remembering the time of favorite television programs, make a TV guide that lists in words and pictures the program, channel number and time slot for each day of the week. Post this list of programs next to the TV or favorite chair, perhaps in a stand-up picture frame like in hotels. To make a remote control easier to use, clearly identify important buttons such as on/off and channel changer.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
How safe is memantine (Namenda) for people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Memantine (Namenda) is an N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) antagonist that is used to treat dementia. It ...
What is benign forgetfulness?
Eric PfeifferEric Pfeiffer
Benign forgetfulness happens to the majority of people over age 65. It is annoying but not serious. ...
Is There a Brain Exercise I Can Do That Will Improve My Memory?