How can I remember my TV programs if I have memory problems?

If you have memory problems, create your own TV guide. If you have difficulty remembering the time of favorite television programs, make a TV guide that lists in words and pictures the program, channel number and time slot for each day of the week. Post this list of programs next to the TV or favorite chair, perhaps in a stand-up picture frame like in hotels. To make a remote control easier to use, clearly identify important buttons such as on/off and channel changer.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Forgot something? You’re not alone. One in eight baby boomers has memory lapses, at least once in a while, a recent survey says. And whether you’ve fo...
How can a motion detector light switch help me if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If remembering to turn the lights off is a problem at your house, install a motion detector ligh...
What causes memory loss in old age?
Memory loss in old age often comes from Alzheimer's disease in combination with other forms of demen...
3 Tips for Better Memory
3 Tips for Better Memory