How can I remember to service my car if I have memory problems?

Keep a large envelope in the glove compartment of your car and put receipts for new tires, oil changes, tune-ups and batteries inside. Write the dates of your last tune-up, oil change or tire rotation on the outside of the envelope so you'll know at a glance when your car is due for these services again. At the end of the year, transfer the last service dates to a new envelope and file the envelope in your automotive file by year. If you don't need records for income tax or other purposes, separate out the major repairs and warranties and discard the rest.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

How to Reduce Your Risk of Mild Cognitive Impairment
Have you noticed that you’re forgetting where you put your keys or shoes, losing your train of thought in a conversation, or having trouble rememberin...
What is age-associated memory impairment?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
When we cannot remember where we put the car keys, or we forgot an important appointment, there is a...
How can I use sticky notes to help me remember things?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some tips on how to use sticky notes to help you remember things: When you're working on...
Best Friends Boost Your Health
Best Friends Boost Your Health