How can I remember to service my car if I have memory problems?

Keep a large envelope in the glove compartment of your car and put receipts for new tires, oil changes, tune-ups and batteries inside. Write the dates of your last tune-up, oil change or tire rotation on the outside of the envelope so you'll know at a glance when your car is due for these services again. At the end of the year, transfer the last service dates to a new envelope and file the envelope in your automotive file by year. If you don't need records for income tax or other purposes, separate out the major repairs and warranties and discard the rest.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
How can I do my favorite activities if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If your memory makes it difficult to continue favorite activities, scale back to a level you can...
What are the signs of a memory disorder?
Signs of a memory disorder, such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease include: difficu...
What Causes Memory Loss?
What Causes Memory Loss?