How can someone with memory problems remember how to set the table?

To help you set the table correctly, remember that "left" has four letters and so does "fork." "Right" has five letters, as do "knife" and "spoon."

Placemats with tableware outlines make remembering how to set the table easy. Draw outlines of tableware (plate, bowl, tumbler, knife, fork and spoon) on paper placemats and laminate. To set the table, match the item to the outline. Or purchase a Table Setting, which includes four plastic tableware sets and four illustrated placemats.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
How can a motion detector light switch help me if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If remembering to turn the lights off is a problem at your house, install a motion detector ligh...
How does menopause affect my memory?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
Women's brains do not deteriorate as they go through menopause. Our cognition does not get worse. Ou...
Walk to Improve Cholesterol and Prevent Alzheimer's Disease