How can I remember people and conversations if I have memory problems?

Keep a diary so you can recall what you did, who you talked with and so forth.

Log telephone calls, recording the date and time of the call, the person you spoke with and what you discussed. Not only will this help imprint the information in your memory, but you'll have a permanent record of the conversation should you need to refer to it later. A telephone log can be extremely helpful when you communicate with technical support, billing departments, insurance companies and Social Security.

On the back of a person's business card write down where you met, something about the individual's appearance, what you talked about -- anything that will jog your memory later.

To remember what you said in a note, use carbon paper between two sheets of notebook paper and keep the copy. You can also use carbonless paper available by the sheet or ream at office supply stores.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Forgot something? You’re not alone. One in eight baby boomers has memory lapses, at least once in a while, a recent survey says. And whether you’ve fo...
How should I organize my kitchen if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
The following suggestions will help you organize your kitchen if you have memory problems: Labe...
How can I find information and help for someone with memory problems?
The following are suggestions for finding information and help for someone with memory problems:...
Improve Memory with Celery
Improve Memory with Celery