How can I remember to change smoke alarm and radon detector batteries?

Change alarm batteries once a year. A smoke alarm, radon detector or other battery-powered device is only as reliable as the batteries that operate it. To keep your family safe, be sure to change the batteries once a year. A good way to remember to change the batteries is to do so on the day of an annual event. For example, change the batteries at Thanksgiving as part of your holiday preparations. Or choose a birthday, anniversary or the end of daylight savings time in the fall. If you are unable to change the batteries yourself, contact your local fire department for assistance.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
When does memory loss really begin?
We actually experience a mental decline a lot earlier than we realize. Memory loss starts at age...
How can my family help with my memory problems?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Ask your family to watch for safety issues related to your memory problems. If you have trouble ...
Walk to Improve Cholesterol and Prevent Alzheimer's Disease