How can a motion detector light switch help me if I have memory problems?

If remembering to turn the lights off is a problem at your house, install a motion detector light switch that automatically turns the light on when you enter a room and turns it off when you leave. Some models come with adjustable timers with a maximum 20-minute delay. If you use a motion detector in the bedroom, you can safely get into bed before the light turns off. Lights can also be operated normally with a manual override feature.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

How to Reduce Your Risk of Mild Cognitive Impairment
Have you noticed that you’re forgetting where you put your keys or shoes, losing your train of thought in a conversation, or having trouble rememberin...
What are some travel tips for people with memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Take care of yourself. Keep your memory in good working order while you are traveling by eating ...
How can I make using the phone easier if I have memory problems?
Here are some tips to help you make using the phone easier if you have memory problems: Get free...
Improve Memory with Celery
Improve Memory with Celery