How can I keep track of my doctors and medications?

Keep important medical and contact information on an index card. During medical emergencies it can be difficult to remember your name, not to mention your medications, doctors and emergency contact information. A simple way to keep important medical information handy is to use an index card. On one side of the card put the names and telephone numbers of your doctors, therapists, counselors, hospitals and clinics. You may also want to include the name of your clergyperson, family members or close friends. On the other side of the card, write the names of the medications you are taking, the dosage, time of day you take the drug, what the drug is for and how long you have been taking it. Don't forget to include any allergies you have to medications, preservatives and so forth. Keep the index card updated and near your driver's license in your wallet or purse so it's handy when you need it.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Could a Supplement Help Keep Your Mind Sharp?
By the year 2060, an estimated 14 million older adults in the United States will be living with dementia, which affects not only memory, but also deci...
Is memory loss inevitable?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
At least one study reveals that memory loss can be somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The study...
How can I garden if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Use a bracelet to remind yourself to turn off the hose. When watering the yard or garden, take an ...
Best Friends Boost Your Health
Best Friends Boost Your Health