How can I do my favorite activities if I have memory problems?

If your memory makes it difficult to continue favorite activities, scale back to a level you can handle. For example, if you used to do the New York Times crossword puzzle, get easier crossword puzzles. Read short stories instead of a whole book. Adjust the rules to favorite games (e.g., when playing Scrabble, allow the use of proper names). Don't give up a favorite pastime; just create a simpler version.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

How to Reduce Your Risk of Mild Cognitive Impairment
Have you noticed that you’re forgetting where you put your keys or shoes, losing your train of thought in a conversation, or having trouble rememberin...
How can I use sticky notes to help me remember things?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some tips on how to use sticky notes to help you remember things: When you're working on...
How can I remember my PIN if I have memory problems?
If you have memory difficulties, use a fictitious phone number to remember your Personal Identif...
3 Tips for Better Memory
3 Tips for Better Memory