How can my family help with my memory problems?

Ask your family to watch for safety issues related to your memory problems. If you have trouble with memory or concentration, you may want to sit down with your family and share your concerns. It may put your mind at rest to discuss ways they can help you go about your daily activities.

Examples of ways your family can help include:
  • Creating a checklist to keep by the door for you to review to make
           certain that certain things have been done such as turning off
           kitchen appliances
  • Driving you to appointments
  • Helping you with specific challenging tasks
  • Setting up a system to take medications properly

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
How can I organize my to-do list if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
To help you remember what needs to be done tomorrow, next week or next month, try this: Take 11 ...
How can I help someone who has memory loss?
A few ways you can help someone who has memory loss include: Encourage correct choices. If a love...
What Causes Memory Loss?
What Causes Memory Loss?