How can I remember to pay my bills on time?

Consider an automatic withdrawal plan to pay bills if you are likely to forget to pay them on time. Each month your bill is paid automatically through your checking account, so you never miss a payment or pay a late fee. If you prefer to stay in charge of your bill paying, sign up for an Internet bill paying account at your bank and set your computer to remind you to pay bills on certain days. Either way, there's the added benefit of no cost for checks, envelopes or stamps, not to mention the time you save.

Use contact numbers on bills to confirm payment. Can't remember if you've paid a bill? Often the telephone number of the payment department is listed on the front or back of the bill. You might also sign up for an Internet account and check online anytime, day or night.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
What causes memory loss in old age?
Memory loss in old age often comes from Alzheimer's disease in combination with other forms of demen...
Aside from aging, what can erode my memory?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Stress, sleep deprivation, and the side effects of some medications all can undermine concentrat...
Is There a Brain Exercise I Can Do That Will Improve My Memory?