How can I remember to pay my bills on time?

Consider an automatic withdrawal plan to pay bills if you are likely to forget to pay them on time. Each month your bill is paid automatically through your checking account, so you never miss a payment or pay a late fee. If you prefer to stay in charge of your bill paying, sign up for an Internet bill paying account at your bank and set your computer to remind you to pay bills on certain days. Either way, there's the added benefit of no cost for checks, envelopes or stamps, not to mention the time you save.

Use contact numbers on bills to confirm payment. Can't remember if you've paid a bill? Often the telephone number of the payment department is listed on the front or back of the bill. You might also sign up for an Internet account and check online anytime, day or night.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Could a Supplement Help Keep Your Mind Sharp?
By the year 2060, an estimated 14 million older adults in the United States will be living with dementia, which affects not only memory, but also deci...
How can I help someone who gets easily confused while traveling?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If a person is easily confused, create a detailed travel itinerary and information list to consu...
What can I do to treat my memory loss?
David A. Merrill, MDDavid A. Merrill, MD
Reversible causes of memory loss can be treated. Depression, for example, can cause the slowing of p...
Walk to Improve Cholesterol and Prevent Alzheimer's Disease