How can I remember to pay my bills on time?

Consider an automatic withdrawal plan to pay bills if you are likely to forget to pay them on time. Each month your bill is paid automatically through your checking account, so you never miss a payment or pay a late fee. If you prefer to stay in charge of your bill paying, sign up for an Internet bill paying account at your bank and set your computer to remind you to pay bills on certain days. Either way, there's the added benefit of no cost for checks, envelopes or stamps, not to mention the time you save.

Use contact numbers on bills to confirm payment. Can't remember if you've paid a bill? Often the telephone number of the payment department is listed on the front or back of the bill. You might also sign up for an Internet account and check online anytime, day or night.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Forgot something? You’re not alone. One in eight baby boomers has memory lapses, at least once in a while, a recent survey says. And whether you’ve fo...
What chemicals can cause memory loss?
If you're experiencing memory problems that are causing you alarm, eliminate some key chemicals ...
How does menopause affect my memory?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
Women's brains do not deteriorate as they go through menopause. Our cognition does not get worse. Ou...
Walk to Improve Cholesterol and Prevent Alzheimer's Disease