How can I tell if a loved one is having memory problems?

When trying to determine if a family member is having serious memory trouble, ask him what he had for dinner or to describe current events, or give him three objects to remember and five minutes later ask him what they are. If he has trouble with any of those questions, it's an indication that something's going wrong with his short-term memory—one of the signs of a serious cognitive dysfunction.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Could a Supplement Help Keep Your Mind Sharp?
By the year 2060, an estimated 14 million older adults in the United States will be living with dementia, which affects not only memory, but also deci...
What is age-associated memory impairment?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
When we cannot remember where we put the car keys, or we forgot an important appointment, there is a...
How can I do my favorite activities if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If your memory makes it difficult to continue favorite activities, scale back to a level you can...
Walk to Improve Cholesterol and Prevent Alzheimer's Disease