What increases my risk for mucosal melanoma?

Though little is known about its causes, there are some factors that may put you at risk for mucosal melanoma. In general, if a family member has had melanoma, you are at a higher risk for the disease. Also, you are at a greater risk for melanoma if you have light hair and skin, though this may not be as significant a risk factor for mucosal melanoma as it is for other melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What is melanoma?
Dr. Arthur W. Perry, MDDr. Arthur W. Perry, MD
Melanomas are the most ominous type of skin cancer. They can grow spontaneously or can arise from mo...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?