What do I need to know about caring for someone with polypoid melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with polypoid melanoma, it's important to care for your loved one both physically and emotionally. Help the person follow medical advice from their doctors during and after treatment, especially if treatment involves chemotherapy or radiation therapy. After treatment, ensure that they see their doctor for frequent check-ups to make sure the cancer hasn't come back. It's also very important to support them emotionally, because polypoid melanoma may cause emotional distress. If it's helpful, encourage them to seek counseling or join a support group to cope with polypoid melanoma' emotional effects.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How are melanoma cells different from other cancer cells?
Philip A. Friedlander, MDPhilip A. Friedlander, MD
Melanoma cells can be hard to eradicate—and even after successful treatment, risk of recurrence rema...
Can children get melanoma?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
It is very rare for children to develop melanoma, however it is possible. If you have a family histo...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?