What do I need to know about caring for someone with amelanotic melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with amelanotic melanoma, it is very important to help that person both physically and emotionally. Help them follow medical advice from their doctors during treatment, especially if the cancer has spread and has to be treated with chemotherapy or radiation. After treatment, ensure they see their doctor for frequent screenings to make sure the cancer hasn't come back. Reinforce the importance of doing self-checks on their skin, since amelanotic melanoma may return to the same place. It's also very important to support your loved one emotionally, because amelanotic melanoma may cause a lot of stress.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
Can melanoma occur on the feet?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
The last place you might think to check for a suspicious mole is the soles of your feet, but mos...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?