Symptoms of polypoid melanoma usually include new growths on the skin. These dome-shaped growths are often darkly-colored, but they may be light brown or light pink. Polypoid melanoma growths usually appear quickly out of nowhere and grow very quickly, often becoming quite tall. Generally, polypoid melanoma is found on the torso, but it can be found anywhere on the body, including mucous membranes. Since symptoms may vary in appearance, and since the disease progresses very rapidly, it's important to see a doctor if you think you may have polypoid melanoma.
- Q What causes polypoid melanoma?
- Q How common is polypoid melanoma?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with polypoid melanoma?
- Q What are the treatment options for polypoid melanoma?
- Q Is polypoid melanoma serious?
- Q How do I manage my polypoid melanoma on a daily basis?