What are the symptoms of polypoid melanoma?

Symptoms of polypoid melanoma usually include new growths on the skin. These dome-shaped growths are often darkly-colored, but they may be light brown or light pink. Polypoid melanoma growths usually appear quickly out of nowhere and grow very quickly, often becoming quite tall. Generally, polypoid melanoma is found on the torso, but it can be found anywhere on the body, including mucous membranes. Since symptoms may vary in appearance, and since the disease progresses very rapidly, it's important to see a doctor if you think you may have polypoid melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

5 Different Skin Spots and What They May Mean
The statistics on skin cancer are shocking: More than 1 in 5 Americans will develop it by age 70, and more than one person dies of skin cancer—usually...
What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?