What are the symptoms of polypoid melanoma?

Symptoms of polypoid melanoma usually include new growths on the skin. These dome-shaped growths are often darkly-colored, but they may be light brown or light pink. Polypoid melanoma growths usually appear quickly out of nowhere and grow very quickly, often becoming quite tall. Generally, polypoid melanoma is found on the torso, but it can be found anywhere on the body, including mucous membranes. Since symptoms may vary in appearance, and since the disease progresses very rapidly, it's important to see a doctor if you think you may have polypoid melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
What are the treatment options for uveal melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment options for uveal melanoma depend on several factors, including the size and location of t...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?