Are there alternative treatments for soft tissue melanoma?

The effectiveness of alternative treatments for soft tissue melanoma has not been proven, and there aren't necessarily treatments that address soft tissue melanoma specifically. However, there are several alternative options that may help improve your overall health. Eating a balanced diet, including vitamin supplements, is important for the overall health of people with soft tissue melanoma. Adding herbal supplements such as peppermint tea may help cope with the side effects of treatment. Some find that stress-management or relaxation techniques - including meditation, yoga, and other therapies - are very helpful. To manage pain, people with soft tissue melanoma may benefit from acupuncture.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are the different types of melanoma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common form of melanoma is superficial spreading. It represents 70% of all cases as it spre...
Where does melanoma occur?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
The most deadly form of skin cancer is melanoma. In men, it is seen most commonly on the belly (abdo...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?