Should I talk to my doctor about my uveal melanoma symptoms?

Because uveal melanoma may start affecting your vision and can spread to other parts of the body, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Some symptoms that may suggest uveal melanoma include changes in vision such as blurriness, spots, or "floaters." Symptoms may also include changes to the shape of the pupil or dark spots in the iris. If uveal melanoma is confirmed, then the doctor may do other tests to see whether the cancer has spread to other parts of the body. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that uveal melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Does Where You Live Affect Your Melanoma Risk?
Worried about skin cancer? If you’re debating whether to wear a hat or apply sunscreen before heading outside—go ahead and do it. A 2020 study in the ...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
How common is melanoma?
More than 53,000 people are diagnosed with melanoma every year in the United States. The number of n...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?