Should I talk to my doctor about my uveal melanoma symptoms?

Because uveal melanoma may start affecting your vision and can spread to other parts of the body, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Some symptoms that may suggest uveal melanoma include changes in vision such as blurriness, spots, or "floaters." Symptoms may also include changes to the shape of the pupil or dark spots in the iris. If uveal melanoma is confirmed, then the doctor may do other tests to see whether the cancer has spread to other parts of the body. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that uveal melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How are melanoma cells different from other cancer cells?
Philip A. Friedlander, MDPhilip A. Friedlander, MD
Melanoma cells can be hard to eradicate—and even after successful treatment, risk of recurrence rema...
How does melanoma spread?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
The ability of a melanoma to spread is dependent on a number of factors, some of which we know a...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?