Should I talk to my doctor about my uveal melanoma symptoms?

Because uveal melanoma may start affecting your vision and can spread to other parts of the body, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Some symptoms that may suggest uveal melanoma include changes in vision such as blurriness, spots, or "floaters." Symptoms may also include changes to the shape of the pupil or dark spots in the iris. If uveal melanoma is confirmed, then the doctor may do other tests to see whether the cancer has spread to other parts of the body. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that uveal melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Got Ulcerative Colitis? Make Sure to Protect Your Skin
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis, a type of ...
What determines how deep melanoma is?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The Clark levels are used to describe how deep the melanoma has spread into the skin:     • Lev...
How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether ...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?