Should I talk to my doctor about my nodular melanoma symptoms?

Because nodular melanoma can spread very quickly, it is important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Symptoms that may suggest nodular melanoma include unusual new skin growths where there were no growths before. Nodular melanoma lesions will often grow deeper into the skin instead of wider, so it may not look like it is growing on the surface. However, if you notice any new or unusual growths, talk to your doctor right away. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that nodular melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How are melanoma cells different from other cancer cells?
Philip A. Friedlander, MDPhilip A. Friedlander, MD
Melanoma cells can be hard to eradicate—and even after successful treatment, risk of recurrence rema...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?