Should I talk to my doctor about my nodular melanoma symptoms?

Because nodular melanoma can spread very quickly, it is important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Symptoms that may suggest nodular melanoma include unusual new skin growths where there were no growths before. Nodular melanoma lesions will often grow deeper into the skin instead of wider, so it may not look like it is growing on the surface. However, if you notice any new or unusual growths, talk to your doctor right away. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that nodular melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Got Ulcerative Colitis? Make Sure to Protect Your Skin
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis, a type of ...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
How does melanoma spread?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
The ability of a melanoma to spread is dependent on a number of factors, some of which we know a...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?