Should I talk to my doctor about my mucosal melanoma symptoms?

Generally, once you start to notice symptoms of mucosal melanoma, the cancer is quite advanced. For this reason, it's very important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms that you think may be caused by mucosal melanoma. Suspicious symptoms may include pain or bleeding in the nose, mouth, anus, and vagina. Difficulty swallowing may suggest mucosal melanoma in the esophagus. These symptoms are often caused by much less serious conditions, but if you suspect mucosal melanoma, talk with your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Ask the Expert: Breaking Down SPF
Ask the Expert: Breaking Down SPF
We all know that wearing sunscreen is one of the best ways to protect ourselves from skin cancer, especially if we’re headed out for a long day in the...
What is amelanotic melanoma?
Amelanotic melanoma is a type of melanoma, which is a skin cancer. Like most melanomas, amelanotic m...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?