Should I talk to my doctor about my mucosal melanoma symptoms?

Generally, once you start to notice symptoms of mucosal melanoma, the cancer is quite advanced. For this reason, it's very important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms that you think may be caused by mucosal melanoma. Suspicious symptoms may include pain or bleeding in the nose, mouth, anus, and vagina. Difficulty swallowing may suggest mucosal melanoma in the esophagus. These symptoms are often caused by much less serious conditions, but if you suspect mucosal melanoma, talk with your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are my chances of surviving melanoma?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
The chance of surviving melanoma depends on how early the melanoma is discovered. Thin melanomas, ty...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?