Should I talk to my doctor about my melanoma symptoms?

Because melanoma can spread very quickly, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Suspicious symptoms that may suggest melanoma include unusual new skin growths, or changes in an existing mole's color, shape, or texture. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that the melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are the different types of melanoma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common form of melanoma is superficial spreading. It represents 70% of all cases as it spre...
What is the survival rate for melanoma of the foot?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Since melanoma of the foot is usually noticed late by patients, and more likely to be misdiagnos...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?