Should I talk to my doctor about my melanoma symptoms?

Because melanoma can spread very quickly, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Suspicious symptoms that may suggest melanoma include unusual new skin growths, or changes in an existing mole's color, shape, or texture. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that the melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Regular Doctor Visits May Help You Survive Skin Cancer
You may be able to outlive melanoma—the most serious type of skin cancer—by doing one simple thing: seeing your doctor regularly. Find top doctors in...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?