What are the symptoms of uveal melanoma?

Symptoms of uveal melanoma may vary depending on the person and depending on the part of the eye that's affected. Sometimes, there may be no noticeable symptoms at all. In other cases, people with uveal melanoma will experience some kind of change in vision such as blurriness, dark spots, light flashes, or "floaters." Other symptoms may include a dark spot on the iris or a change of the pupil's shape. If the melanoma tumor is left untreated and continues to grow, it may cause glaucoma, which can lead to symptoms like pain or redness in the eyes. Since symptoms vary from person to person, it's important to see a doctor if you think you may have uveal melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What You Need to Know About Skin Cancer
What You Need to Know About Skin Cancer
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States and the most treatable, if caught early. There are several types of skin cancer. We...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
Can children get melanoma?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Unfortunately, even childhood melanoma can occur and is on the Rise. This may be associated with a d...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?