What are the symptoms of soft tissue melanoma?

Symptoms of soft tissue melanoma may not be noticeable. Soft tissue melanoma, or malignant melanoma of soft parts, usually develops in the limbs, most commonly the legs. Tumors usually develop in tendons and other soft tissue found deep within the body. Often, the tumors cause a small lump or mass that may or may not be painful. Sometimes tumors can develop in the gastrointestinal tract or elsewhere in the body, and these may not cause noticeable symptoms. Since the symptoms of soft tissue melanoma can vary, it's important to talk to a doctor if you notice any symptoms.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether ...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?