What are the symptoms of nodular melanoma?

Symptoms of nodular melanoma usually include new growths on the skin. These dome-shaped growths are often darkly-colored, but they may be light brown or light pink. Nodular melanoma growths usually appear quickly out of nowhere and grow and change very quickly. Generally, nodular melanoma is found on the head, neck, and torso, but it can be found anywhere on the body. Since symptoms may vary in appearance, and since the disease progresses very rapidly, it's important to see a doctor if you think you may have nodular melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Want the Best Sunscreen? What You Need to Know
Summer's here. And who isn't cheering? But before you spin vintage Beach Boys vinyl or park your towel in a sunny spot, we have a public service annou...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
What is malignant melanoma?
Audrey Kunin, MDAudrey Kunin, MD
Malignant melanoma arises from skin growths known as nevi, or "moles" as they are more commonly know...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?