What are the symptoms of nodular melanoma?

Symptoms of nodular melanoma usually include new growths on the skin. These dome-shaped growths are often darkly-colored, but they may be light brown or light pink. Nodular melanoma growths usually appear quickly out of nowhere and grow and change very quickly. Generally, nodular melanoma is found on the head, neck, and torso, but it can be found anywhere on the body. Since symptoms may vary in appearance, and since the disease progresses very rapidly, it's important to see a doctor if you think you may have nodular melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What is melanoma?
Dr. Arthur W. Perry, MDDr. Arthur W. Perry, MD
Melanomas are the most ominous type of skin cancer. They can grow spontaneously or can arise from mo...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?