Does soft tissue melanoma run in families?

The causes of soft tissue melanoma are mostly unknown, but there's no evidence that it runs in families. More research is needed to determine whether the genetic mutations related to soft tissue melanoma are inherited. This is unlike other types of melanoma, which may be passed down from parents to children.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Got Ulcerative Colitis? Make Sure to Protect Your Skin
As if dealing with diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue wasn’t hard enough, there’s another major concern for people with ulcerative colitis, a type of ...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
How does melanoma affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Melanoma is caused by the overproduction of certain skin cells called melanocytes. This cell overgro...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?