Does soft tissue melanoma run in families?

The causes of soft tissue melanoma are mostly unknown, but there's no evidence that it runs in families. More research is needed to determine whether the genetic mutations related to soft tissue melanoma are inherited. This is unlike other types of melanoma, which may be passed down from parents to children.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
How does melanoma spread?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
The ability of a melanoma to spread is dependent on a number of factors, some of which we know a...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?