Should I talk to my doctor about my polypoid melanoma symptoms?

Because polypoid melanoma can spread very quickly, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Symptoms that may suggest polypoid melanoma include unusual new skin growths where there were no growths before. Polypoid melanoma lesions will often grow deeper into the skin instead of wider, so it may not look like it's growing on the surface. However, if you notice any new or unusual growths, talk to your doctor right away. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that polypoid melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Melanoma Diagnosis More Deadly for Men than Women
Looks like science has found another reason for guys to slather on the sunscreen—according to a study, young men are 55 percent more likely to die fro...
What is amelanotic melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Amelanotic melanoma is a type of melanoma, which is a skin cancer. Like most melanomas, amelanotic m...
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is the least common but most aggressive of the three most common types of skin cancer. Mela...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?