Should I talk to my doctor about my polypoid melanoma symptoms?

Because polypoid melanoma can spread very quickly, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. Symptoms that may suggest polypoid melanoma include unusual new skin growths where there were no growths before. Polypoid melanoma lesions will often grow deeper into the skin instead of wider, so it may not look like it's growing on the surface. However, if you notice any new or unusual growths, talk to your doctor right away. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that polypoid melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How does melanoma spread?
Ross M. Levy, MDRoss M. Levy, MD
The ability of a melanoma to spread is dependent on a number of factors, some of which we know a...
What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?