Should I talk to my doctor about my amelanotic melanoma symptoms?

If you notice symptoms of amelanotic melanoma, you should talk to your doctor right away. Suspicious symptoms of amelanotic melanoma may include growths that are either light-colored or flesh-colored on the skin anywhere on your body, including under your nails. If you've been treated for melanoma before and notice a new non-pigmented growth in the same area, it's especially important to see a doctor. Amelanotic melanoma can actually spread quite quickly so talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any unusual symptoms. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that amelanotic melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Hugh Jackman Skin Cancer Scare: “Get Yourself Checked!”
You may have seen the picture Hugh Jackman posted of himself on Instagram with a bandage over his nose. Movie stunt gone wrong? Far from it -- it’s a...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
What are the symptoms of melanoma?
Dr. Jill K. Onesti, MDDr. Jill K. Onesti, MD
Melanoma is often discovered by the symptom of an abnormal lesion on your skin. These lesions can be...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?