Should I talk to my doctor about my amelanotic melanoma symptoms?

If you notice symptoms of amelanotic melanoma, you should talk to your doctor right away. Suspicious symptoms of amelanotic melanoma may include growths that are either light-colored or flesh-colored on the skin anywhere on your body, including under your nails. If you've been treated for melanoma before and notice a new non-pigmented growth in the same area, it's especially important to see a doctor. Amelanotic melanoma can actually spread quite quickly so talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any unusual symptoms. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that amelanotic melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are my chances of surviving melanoma?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
The chance of surviving melanoma depends on how early the melanoma is discovered. Thin melanomas, ty...
How are melanoma cells different from other cancer cells?
Philip A. Friedlander, MDPhilip A. Friedlander, MD
Melanoma cells can be hard to eradicate—and even after successful treatment, risk of recurrence rema...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?