Should I talk to my doctor about my amelanotic melanoma symptoms?

If you notice symptoms of amelanotic melanoma, you should talk to your doctor right away. Suspicious symptoms of amelanotic melanoma may include growths that are either light-colored or flesh-colored on the skin anywhere on your body, including under your nails. If you've been treated for melanoma before and notice a new non-pigmented growth in the same area, it's especially important to see a doctor. Amelanotic melanoma can actually spread quite quickly so talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any unusual symptoms. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that amelanotic melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Know the Signs: Skin Cancer
Know the Signs: Skin Cancer
Despite better screening methods, more public awareness and more advanced treatments, the rates of skin cancer continue to rise. It’s been estimated ...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
What are my chances of surviving melanoma?
Dr. Philip A. Friedlander, MDDr. Philip A. Friedlander, MD
For stage IV metastatic melanoma, life expectancy is around 8 to 10 months. In this video, Philip Fr...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?