Should I talk to my doctor about my lentigo maligna melanoma symptoms?

If you notice symptoms of lentigo maligna melanoma, it's best to see your doctor. Symptoms that may suggest lentigo maligna melanoma include large, tan, asymmetrical patches on areas of sun-exposed skin, most often on the fact, neck, and hands. Lentigo maligna melanoma is usually treatable since it usually hasn't spread too much when it first becomes noticeable. However, because it can spread to other parts of the body, it's important to talk to your doctor if you notice any symptoms. You're more likely to have a successful recovery if you treat lentigo maligna melanoma early on in its progression.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
What is melanoma?
Dr. Arthur W. Perry, MDDr. Arthur W. Perry, MD
Melanomas are the most ominous type of skin cancer. They can grow spontaneously or can arise from mo...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?