Should I talk to my doctor about my desmoplastic melanoma symptoms?

If you notice symptoms of desmoplastic melanoma, you should talk to your doctor right away. Symptoms of desmoplastic melanoma may include elevated growths that are either light-colored or flesh-colored on the skin of your head or neck. These growths penetrate deep into your skin instead of growing wider across the surface of your skin, so it may not look suspicious. However, it can actually spread very quickly so it's important to see your doctor as soon as you notice any unusual symptoms that may be caused by desmoplastic melanoma. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that desmoplastic melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What a Dermatologist Wants You To Know About Skin Cancer
The rate of new cases of melanoma—the most dangerous form of skin cancer—have more than tripled since 1975, according to data from the National Cancer...
Can children get melanoma?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Unfortunately, even childhood melanoma can occur and is on the Rise. This may be associated with a d...
What are the symptoms of melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms of melanoma are growths on the skin. These growths usually appear as a change in a mole tha...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?