Should I talk to my doctor about my desmoplastic melanoma symptoms?

If you notice symptoms of desmoplastic melanoma, you should talk to your doctor right away. Symptoms of desmoplastic melanoma may include elevated growths that are either light-colored or flesh-colored on the skin of your head or neck. These growths penetrate deep into your skin instead of growing wider across the surface of your skin, so it may not look suspicious. However, it can actually spread very quickly so it's important to see your doctor as soon as you notice any unusual symptoms that may be caused by desmoplastic melanoma. The earlier the diagnosis, the more likely it is that desmoplastic melanoma can be successfully treated.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How does melanoma affect the body?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
Melanoma is a cancer that begins in the skin. If caught at an early stage, removal of the melanoma c...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?