How do medications treat lentigo maligna melanoma?

Medications may be used in some cases to treat lentigo maligna melanoma either through chemotherapy or through other drug therapy options. In chemotherapy, strong drugs are given either orally or intravenously, and they work to kill cancer cells from the inside. Other types of medication may also be used to treat lentigo maligna melanoma in other ways. For example, imiquimod is a topical cream that may be applied to skin lesions to help destroy cancerous cells. Different treatments may be more or less effective for different people, so talk to your doctor about medication and treatment options.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

3 Myths About Sunshine
3 Myths About Sunshine
Sunlight has a profound effect on our bodies, skin and even our mood. And while there's no shortage of information on how to stay safe in the sun, som...
What are the treatment options for stage 4 melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment for stage 4 melanoma is usually more aggressive than earlier stages, because the cancer ha...
Where does melanoma occur?
Jenny C. Hu, MDJenny C. Hu, MD
Men tend to get melanomas on the trunk, back and chest areas. Women tend to get melanomas on the leg...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?