How do medications treat lentigo maligna melanoma?

Medications may be used in some cases to treat lentigo maligna melanoma either through chemotherapy or through other drug therapy options. In chemotherapy, strong drugs are given either orally or intravenously, and they work to kill cancer cells from the inside. Other types of medication may also be used to treat lentigo maligna melanoma in other ways. For example, imiquimod is a topical cream that may be applied to skin lesions to help destroy cancerous cells. Different treatments may be more or less effective for different people, so talk to your doctor about medication and treatment options.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
What determines how deep melanoma is?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The Clark levels are used to describe how deep the melanoma has spread into the skin:     • Lev...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?