How do I manage my soft tissue melanoma on a daily basis?

Managing soft tissue melanoma on a daily basis involves taking care of your physical and emotional health. The most important part of managing soft tissue melanoma is getting treatment. This may involve a combination of surgery and other treatment like radiation therapy or chemotherapy. Once you've been treated, it's very important to check in regularly with your doctor for follow-up appointments. Your doctor will do tests and scans to make sure the cancer hasn't spread or returned, which is pretty common with soft tissue melanoma. In general, it's important to take care of your overall health. Eat a nutritious diet, get plenty of rest, and stay as active as you can. Being diagnosed with and treated for soft tissue melanoma can have as many emotional effects as it does physical symptoms, so don't be afraid to rely on a support system of family, friends, support groups, and medical professionals.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?