How do I manage my soft tissue melanoma on a daily basis?

Managing soft tissue melanoma on a daily basis involves taking care of your physical and emotional health. The most important part of managing soft tissue melanoma is getting treatment. This may involve a combination of surgery and other treatment like radiation therapy or chemotherapy. Once you've been treated, it's very important to check in regularly with your doctor for follow-up appointments. Your doctor will do tests and scans to make sure the cancer hasn't spread or returned, which is pretty common with soft tissue melanoma. In general, it's important to take care of your overall health. Eat a nutritious diet, get plenty of rest, and stay as active as you can. Being diagnosed with and treated for soft tissue melanoma can have as many emotional effects as it does physical symptoms, so don't be afraid to rely on a support system of family, friends, support groups, and medical professionals.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

5 Different Skin Spots and What They May Mean
The statistics on skin cancer are shocking: More than 1 in 5 Americans will develop it by age 70, and more than one person dies of skin cancer—usually...
Why is melanoma the most common form of cancer in young adults?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Melanoma is the most common form of cancer in people aged 25 to 29 and second (to Hodgkin's lymphoma...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?