How do I manage my melanoma on a daily basis?

If you have been diagnosed with melanoma, it's very important to follow treatment advice from your doctors. Once you've been treated, you must follow up frequently with your doctor to make sure the melanoma hasn't come back or spread. It's also important to continue doing self-checks for any changes in moles or new skin growths. It's especially important to protect your skin if you've had melanoma, so be sure to limit sun exposure and protect any exposed skin with strong sunscreen and long-sleeved clothing.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Jimmy Carter ‘At Ease’ With Brain Cancer Diagnosis
Jimmy Carter, former president of the United States, looked calm and upbeat as he addressed a roomful of reporters about his August 2015 cancer diagno...
What are the symptoms of melanoma?
Symptoms of melanoma are growths on the skin. These growths usually appear as a change in a mole tha...
What is malignant melanoma?
Audrey Kunin, MDAudrey Kunin, MD
Malignant melanoma arises from skin growths known as nevi, or "moles" as they are more commonly know...
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?