What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?

If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical advice from their doctors. Help support them both physically and emotionally during treatment. This is especially important if the melanoma has spread and has to be treated with chemotherapy or radiation. After treatment, you must ensure they see their doctor for frequent screenings to see if the cancer has returned. Also, make sure to encourage skin protection through sunscreen and protective clothing.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

3 Myths About Sunshine
3 Myths About Sunshine
Sunlight has a profound effect on our bodies, skin and even our mood. And while there's no shortage of information on how to stay safe in the sun, som...
What are the symptoms of melanoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms of melanoma are growths on the skin. These growths usually appear as a change in a mole tha...
What is melanoma?
Melanoma is the least common but most aggressive of the three most common types of skin cancer. Mela...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?