Is there a vaccine to prevent melanoma?

Drug researchers have been able to successfully create vaccines to prevent melanoma. In this video, Philip Friedlander, MD, an oncologist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, discusses the state of vaccine research for melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Where You’re Not Applying Sunscreen—But Should
Think you’re covered when it comes to sunscreen? Surprise: most of us aren’t using it appropriately. One study showed that most people apply only 25-5...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?