Is there a vaccine to prevent melanoma?

Drug researchers have been able to successfully create vaccines to prevent melanoma. In this video, Philip Friedlander, MD, an oncologist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, discusses the state of vaccine research for melanoma.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Regular Doctor Visits May Help You Survive Skin Cancer
You may be able to outlive melanoma—the most serious type of skin cancer—by doing one simple thing: seeing your doctor regularly. Find top doctors in...
What factors affect my prognosis with melanoma?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of melano...
What are my chances of surviving melanoma?
Dr. Jill K. Onesti, MDDr. Jill K. Onesti, MD
The chance of surviving melanoma depends on how early the melanoma is discovered. Thin melanomas, ty...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?