Is amelanotic melanoma serious?

Amelanotic melanoma is a relatively serious form of melanoma because it's usually not caught till it's pretty well advanced. When detected early, the cancerous growth may be successfully removed through surgery. However, amelanotic melanoma usually isn't diagnosed till later, because the growths are often unnoticed, or people assume that the growths aren't serious, since they're flesh-colored. This is especially problematic because the disease can progress pretty quickly. The combination of a lack of early diagnosis and a quick progression makes amelanotic melanoma relatively serious. See your doctor right away if you notice any suspicious symptoms.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What do I need to know about caring for someone with melanoma?
If you are caring for someone with melanoma, it is very important to help that person follow medical...
Is melanoma serious?
Melanoma can be very serious if it's not detected and treated in its early stages. When detected ear...
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?